According to our very conservative, mum's-the-word agency, matches have been mailed. That means that, by week's end, we may have a picture and some background about our baby (aka a referral).
If I appear to be a complete basket case, I am! I don't know whether to remain stoic or burst into tears, and this is just while I walk across campus. I've done some of both today.
The process: our agency translates the file before calling us, meaning that referrals will arrive, and it will be at least 24 hours before we get THE CALL. They have been giving famlies a pre-call to let them know when to be ready. I have sheets for questions to ask when we get THE CALL posted at home and at work. My first instruction to self is "breathe."
I'm sort of stunned. After all this time, it's hard to imagine that there is actually a little person at the other end of this long wait.
More when we know it.
Take My Hat, Please
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.